Key Person System
A Key person system is in place at the Nursery.
- All children new children will be allocated a member of staff who will be their Key Person.
- We will allocate the Key Person during the first 2 weeks of term and you will be notified who your child’s key person is shortly after.
Why the Key Person system?
- A Key person has special responsibilities for working with a small number of children giving them the reassurance to feel safe and cared for and building relationships with their parents.
- A Key Person meets the needs of each child in their care and responds sensitively to their feelings, ideas and behaviour.
- A Key Person talks to the parents/carers to make sure that their child’s needs are being met.
- A Key Person liaises between staff, ensuring all nursery staff are aware of important background information about each child.
- A Key Person creates careful records of the child’s development and progress and shares this information with parents, the child and other members of staff/professionals if necessary.
- All practitioners support the needs of all the children and any member of staff is available for you to speak to if your child’s Key Person is not available.
If you have any questions about the Key Person system please feel free to ask a member of staff.