Phone: 02392 326069
St Paul’s Nursery is a purpose built single story building on the grounds of St Paul’s Primary School in the heart of Paulsgrove. The Nursery has its own outdoor space that children access throughout the day.
The Nursery is open term time only from 9am until 3pm and offer a breakfast club from 8.15am.
We accept 2-year funding 15 hours, universal 15 hours for 3 & 4 year olds, 30-hour funding, Tax free childcare and other voucher schemes.
Nursery sessions / days can be accessed using funding or fee paying.
|2 Year old fees||Morning Sessions £15||Afternoon Sessions £15||Full Day £30|
|3 & 4 Year old fees||Morning Sessions £12||Afternoon Sessions £12||Full Day £24|
Breakfast club is £1.50 daily and includes breakfast
The Nursery aims to:
• Offer broad and balanced learning experiences in accordance with the guidelines and requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
• Provide a good standard of education and care at the appropriate level.
• Identify the particular needs of individual children and offer the appropriate support.
• Provide a safe and secure environment.
• Work in partnership with children and parents to meet individual needs.
Parents as Partners
We aim to work in partnership with all parents and carers and value your contribution in helping us to meet the needs of your children.
- Parents and carers are encouraged to engage in settling visits with their child during which you will be asked to tell us about your child e.g. likes, dislikes and anything else you would like us to know.
- Once your child has settled they will be allocated key people who will plan for their specific needs and create a secure online Learning Journey via Tapestry, reflecting your child’s achievements.
- Parents and carers are encouraged to contribute to their child’s Tapestry Learning Journal.
Early Bird Reading
- All parents and carers are invited to come into Nursery at the beginning of each session to stay and read with their child.
- We encourage families to take our books home to share with each other before bedtime.
A Key person system is in place at the Nursery.
- All children new children will be allocated a member of staff who will be their Key Person.
- We will allocate the Key Person during the first 2 weeks of term and you will be notified who your child’s key person is shortly after.
Why the Key Person system?
- A Key person has special responsibilities for working with a small number of children giving them the reassurance to feel safe and cared for and building relationships with their parents.
- A Key Person meets the needs of each child in their care and responds sensitively to their feelings, ideas and behaviour.
- A Key Person talks to the parents/carers to make sure that their child’s needs are being met.
- A Key Person liaises between staff, ensuring all nursery staff are aware of important background information about each child.
- A Key Person creates careful records of the child’s development and progress and shares this information with parents, the child and other members of staff/professionals if necessary.
- All practitioners support the needs of all the children and any member of staff is available for you to speak to if your child’s Key Person is not available.
If you have any questions about the Key Person system please feel free to ask a member of staff.
Online Learning Journal – Tapestry
- We use Tapestry an online Learning Journal which is fully secure and password protected.
- Parents/carers are encourage to add their own observations or photos from home and comment on what their child has been doing in Nursery.
- Parents /carers are kept informed of their child’s progress through parents’ evenings, Learning Journeys, Periodic Progress Summary Sheets and daily discussions of appropriate.